robertto

Pripravnik
4. jun 2014
Probal z MygreenVolt. Rezultat je ... E2900CAF-5267-4DD0-A0D4-566E3100DB37.png

AndY1

Guru
Osebje foruma
18. sep 2007
1% preden zacne padati uporabna kapaciteta baterije. To se zgodi pri 90.2% SOC. Je pa res, da je zdajle zima, ko poveca okno, SOCa, da obrzi uporabno kapaciteto, tako da tole bo poleti verjetno nekje pri 88% SOC.

darjan

Vulkanizer
13. sep 2007
Zgleda je top, meni je zjutraj kazalo 88.6% (sicer v mygreenvolt app, samo verjetno so isti podatki)

AndY1

Guru
Osebje foruma
18. sep 2007
V bistvu so sprdnje luci pri Amperi sibka tocka. Ne svetijo ne vem kako dobro. Notri so HIR2 zarnice.

AndY1

Guru
Osebje foruma
18. sep 2007
Vceraj, ko sem peljal oceta v Strunjan v zdravilisce, mi je pred Koprom zacelo od zadaj cviliti/piskati, ko sem imel dolg levi ovinek. Piskanje je ponehalo, ko se je cesta zravnala in sem malo zasukal z volanom levo/desno.
Ko sem prisel do hotela na polnilno postajo sem zavohal smrad po bremzah. Potipal sem zadnjo levo feltno, ki je bila nenavadno topla. Tudi disk je bil vroc kljub temu, da zadnja desna feltna ni bila topla, disk pa le topel.
Sprednja diska sta bila hladna, saj avto vecino casa na sprednjih kolesih regenerira, ob regeneraciji pa zavirajo z bremzami tudi zadnja kolesa.
Zato je normalno, da sta prednja diska hladna, zadnja pa topla.
Kar me je zmotilo je bilo, da je bil zadnji levi vroc.
Na poti nazaj sem vozil samo 100km/h in ko sem prisel domov, je bil zadnji levi disk zelo vroc, prsta nisem mogel drzati na njemu. Desni je bil le topel.
No, danes sem imel Ampero na AT Vis, da mi zrihtajo zadnje zavore. Popoldne sem jo ves srecen dvignil, ko so rekli, da so uredili.
Ko pa sem prisel domov, pa je bila situacija obrnjena glede na vecer pred tem. Tokrat je bil levi disk topel, desni pa vroc.
Jutri peljem Ampero ponovno na servis. Upam, da tole jutri uredijo, saj se disk zagreje ze od same konstantne voznje in n od zaviranja. Sem sel na posebno voznjo zvecer potestirati.

AndY1

Guru
Osebje foruma
18. sep 2007
Zdajle zjutraj, na poti v firmo, sta bila oba zadnja diska enako topla - kar je ok. Sprednja sta bila mrzla, saj je na sprednjih kolesih zaviranje opravljala regeneracija, zadnja pa sta bila topla, ker ko na sprednjih kolesih zavira regeneracija, morajo to nalogo na zadnjih kolesih opravljati bremze.
Prednje fizične zavore dejansko zavirajo pri hitrosti nižji od 4km/h, torej npr. pred semaforjem ali pri tako močnem zaviranju, kjer je regeneracija premalo.

Bom zadnji zavori opazoval še naslednje dni.

AndY1

Guru
Osebje foruma
18. sep 2007
Se pa podrobnejša razlaga nahaja tukaj: https://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-129265.html

WopOnTour
08-12-2014, 05:32 PM
As has been said already, one might expect a higher wear rate on the rear brakes relative to the fronts as moderate braking on a front wheel drive EV with regen as opposed to an ICE, as braking up front is accomplished by regen drag supplemented by rear friction application up to a pre-detirmined threshhold. so by design the volt will probably use more rear brake as opposed to a similarly sized ICE car which has to rely on friction braking only.

As far as the OP's woes it sounds like a plain old sticky brake caliper which we've seen for as long as there have been disc brakes. I doubt it is of epidemic perportions. sounds easily correctable. Remember the "perfect anything" has not yet been accomplished by man and likely never will be.I would disagree with any assessment that alludes that seemingly excessive wear in the rears is somehow accelerated due to the Volt utilizing primarily a front axle regenerative braking strategy. Yes, the rear pads may appear to wear faster than the front pads due to regen, but not any faster than any other RWD car. So this case appears to be accelerated wear, but is dependant on many factors. (for instance regular high speeds or regular driving on dusty, gravel roads)

But the presence of regen braking simply does not alter the correct amount of pressure bias being delivered to the rears necessary to create a safe, stable, yaw-free braking event. If excessive pressure was in fact being routed to the rear, the car would immediately exhibit bad unstable behavior under braking, with the rear of the car having a tendency to “skid out” especially if performed while cornering. Unstable braking in the Volt is definitely something I’ve ever experienced or heard about here at gm-volt.com.

Also not unusual is the dimensions of the rotors. Most cars today utilize significantly thinner rotors in the rear than in the front, as the front axle will bear the brunt of the majority of the actual braking forces that occurs due to weight transfer during stopping. Minimum measured thickness for the Volt’s front rear rotors are indicated in the service manual as 23mm front and 10mm rear. Nothing unusual there.

But I certainly agree with the last aspect of your assessment. There might have been some sticking or binding issue within the rear calipers or their slide mechanism. This type of issue is not uncommon in the winter road salt corridor of Eastern Canada unfortunately. Another possibility is some issue within the park brake system (cable seized or binding?) that might have been causing the rear pads to make contact and drag in the rear. This might happen sporadically, depending on park brake use and doubtful it would/could be easily picked up by the operator. In these cases regular brake inspections and documenting pad wear is the ticket. More on that in a bit.

Furthermore the OP does not indicate whether proper brake component inspections and/or service lubrications were being performed every 7,500 miles /12,000kms (same interval as tire rotations) or if the 12,000km services were actually being performed by a GM/Volt dealer. These regular brake inspections are outlined in the owner’s manual and are critical in early identification of uneven brake wear or the potential for excessive rust and buildup due to extremely wet/rainy or winter conditions and exposure to both seaway and road salts. Most dealer use a standard inspection form where the % of front/rear brake (and tire) wear should be clearly indicated by the servicing technician. It is the owner’s responsibility to insure these checks, inspections. and lubrications are being performed. If anyone is just bringing in the car and instructing for "tire rotations only" and refusing other interval services then there needs to be records kept as to where and when these interval checks are being performed by someone qualified to do so (i.e either a drive-thru “Quicky Lube” type places or other aftermarket service center)

I checked and there is currently no "paper" (bulletins, campaigns, TAC cases etc) to support there is anything chronic here with respect to accelerated rear pad wear. Sometimes little things like this happen . I am surprised however as to the delay on the rotors however, I will look into that a bit further.

WOT